Swagelok Albany | Connecticut offers an array of courses taught by Swagelok-certified trainers at a variety of locations. These courses include both theoretical and practical training. Technicians, engineers, and maintenance technicians who take the courses will increase their skill level, knowledge, and efficiency. Please note: The Steam System Optimization course is industry-specific.
Features of Swagelok-Sponsored Training
- Reliable, dependable fluid system performance that results in safer workplaces begins with proper installation.
- Swagelok-certified training delivers top quality instruction at locations and times convenient for you.
- Swagelok Albany | Connecticut can help you get your workforce trained on correct installation and assessment techniques that are essential for reliable system performance.
- Choose from a range of courses -- please see course descriptions below.
Sample System Problem Solving and Maintenance (SSM)
- Theory and understanding behind what makes a sample system efficient, and the components used with these systems.
- In-depth discussion of how to recognize if a problem exists, along with how to repair and how to maintain a sample system in a safe manner, resulting in less downtime.
- Hands-on, practical troubleshooting techniques and corrective actions to improve sample system accuracy and efficiency.
Process Analyzer Sampling System (PASS)
- Basic performance criteria and challenges.
- Diagnosing and fixing time delay problems.
- Sample conditioning techniques.
- Sample tap design.
- Phase preservation.
- Advanced calculations.
- Techniques of stream switching.
- Clearly differentiate the functions that a sampling system performs.
- Use each function within the sampling system to achieve best performance.
- Create reliable sampling systems.
- Analyze a complex system to understand it better.
- Troubleshoot problem designs in the field or on the drawing board.
*No pre-requisite for PASS-Subsystems is required, but prior completion of PASS training may be helpful.
- Basic welding principles and the fundamentals of orbital welding.
- Hands-on, comprehensive review of orbital welding.
- Equipment enables attendees to setup, operate, and troubleshoot equipment and critique weld quality.
- Information regarding the Swagelok M200 power supply, weld heads, fixturing, and the tube facing tool.
- Includes weld sample submission for ASME Section IX Weld qualification.
Advanced Tube Bending
- How to set up and operate all three Swagelok tube benders.
- Use of the Swagelok Method of Tube Bending to accurately locate and lay out multiple bends on straight tubing prior to bending.
- Other topics include:
- Single bends
- Multiple bends
- Making bends from both directions
- Bend dimensioning (from blueprints)
- Accurately positioning tubing for changes in plane
- How to maintain equal spacing on parallel tubing runs
- Applications require the attendees to bend tubing into precise shapes as specified on sketches, blueprints, as well as from actual measurements taken by the attendees from actual fluid system components.
- Overview of the properties of steam and steam systems.
- Steam Basics 1 attendees learn critical areas of steam system management including steam cost calculations, flash steam, steam traps, and water hammer.
- Other topics include steam fundamentals, steam quality, steam system components, flash steam recovery, and safety.
- Steam Basics 2 expands on the topics included in Steam Basics 1. Includes review of Steam Basics 1, boilers, heat recovery, steam piping, condensate piping, expansion, and insulation.
Industry-Specific Steam System Optimization
- Customized for the industry and specifically designed to address the needs of process and plant engineers. Available courses:
- Refinery and Chemical Steam System Reliability, Safety, and Optimization
- Pharmaceutical Steam System Training
- Pulp and Paper Steam System, Reliability, Safety, and Optimization
- Food and Beverage Steam System Reliability, Safety, and Optimization
Steam System Specialist Training
- Total System Reliability, Safety, and Optimization -- reviews all aspects of a steam system.
- Provides a sold foundation of understanding a total steam system from steam generation through condensate recovery.
- Steam Generation Equipment and Components -- focuses specifically on steam generation equipment (boilers) and associated components.
- Attendees participate in groups of 2 or 3 and gain a thorough understanding of fundamentals of boiler plant design including accessory components (turbines, deaerators, etc.).
Advanced Materials Training
- Technical seminar that can be customized to meet local needs.
- Addresses customer needs for material selection in customer applications with an emphasis on understanding and preventing corrosion.
- High-value training for customers on materials and corrosion in typical customer applications.
To request more information on Swagelok training, please contact Pat Duffy at firstname.lastname@example.org.